Water damage can wreak havoc on your property, causing significant structural damage, mold growth, and other costly issues. Knowing how much water causes water damage is crucial to minimizing the effects of the damage by calling in professionals such as TN Flood Kings at 615-47709968.
How Much Water Does it Take to Cause Severe Damage to a Home?
Just six inches of standing water can cause water damage, but when thinking of severe issues, Risk Factor notes that three feet of water will create irreparable damage to the home’s structure and foundation. Between that range, the problems will vary from soaked and contaminated floors to malfunctioning appliances.
The source of the water matters as well. Black water damage, which comes from flooding and septic backups, contains major pollutants that can seriously affect your health and well-being. Black water damage must be handled by professionals like TN Flood Kings.
How Quickly Does Water Cause Damage?
Just one day of dampness can cause water damage.
Because mold thrives on moisture, a mere 24 hours of water infiltration into materials will lead to the growth of this intractable nuisance; by 72 hours, their colonies will be well-established and wreaking havoc on the air quality in your home.
Furthermore, wet appliances may immediately fail should they come into contact with water, as can the electrical systems in your home. You must always act fast and call pros like Flood Kings the instant you think there may be trouble.
What Should I Do Immediately After Water Damage?
Quick action is vital when dealing with water damage. Here’s what you should do right away:
- Call professionals like TN Flood Kings for help.
- Locate the source of the water, such as slow leaks, and shut it off if possible.
- Turn off the power to prevent electrocution.
- Take pictures to document the problem for the insurance agency.
- Remove as much water as you can using a wet vacuum or buckets if it’s a major flood.
When to Call a Water Damage Restoration Company
Call TN Flood Kings immediately, whether for leaks or flooding; we’ll guide you through the process, document insurance claims, provide estimates, and ensure a seamless restoration experience. This includes:
- Assess and Extract – we’ll assess the water damage and efficiently extract all moisture.
- Ensure safety: It’s tempting to tackle the cleanup independently, but you should always seek the expertise of water damage restoration professionals. We can address potential hazards, such as electrical currents or structural instability, with the utmost care.
- Thorough Drying: Professional water damage restoration experts employ advanced drying techniques and equipment to eliminate hidden moisture and ensure a complete drying process.
- Restoration and Repairs: We’ll restore your property, address structural issues, and ensure a seamless transition back to normal.
- Uncover Hidden Damage: Slow leaks can penetrate hidden layers within your home’s construction or impact multiple layers, leading to substantial damage from water. We’ll use advanced equipment to identify and repair these hidden leaks.
We have the expertise and specialized equipment to effectively mitigate water damage, minimize further risks, and restore your property to its pre-damaged state.
Water Damage FAQs
Can a One-Time Water Leak Cause Mold?
Yes, unfortunately, it can. Mold loves moisture. It will quickly colonize any area that remains slightly damp for an extended period. This is why it’s essential to perform structural drying on any area that has received water damage, no matter how small.
How Much Damage Can One Inch of Water Do to a Home?
Due to flooded floors, ruined appliances, and drywall damage, even one inch of water can cause up to $25,000 in damage, according to FEMA.
Depending on the source, you may be able to make a homeowners insurance claim to cover this cost – and TN Flood Kings will help you every step of the way.
How Long Does It Take For Water to Seep Through Drywall?
As with other materials, it only takes about 24 hours for drywall to become completely saturated and thus prone to infestations by bacteria and mold. Once it has become wet, drywall takes about 3 to 5 days to dry out completely, but it may have to be removed to protect the structural integrity of your home.
Trust in TN Flood Kings to Restore Your Home
When facing water damage, contact your water damage restoration experts at TN Flood Kings in Nashville, TN. Take swift action to minimize damage and benefit from our expertise, documentation, and support throughout the restoration journey.
Call our 24/7 emergency line at 615-47709968.